How to Use Your Laptop as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Welcome to howtowhatis.net, dear readers in this article you will get to know about how to use your laptop as a wi-fi hotspot.
I think it may happen in a situation where you have no W-Fi router, you just have one network cable and some of your friends who want to use the internet? Maybe you have 3G or 4g dongle that works with a laptop.how to use your laptop as a wi-fi hotspot.
It would surely be useful to share the Internet connection amongst all users and devices without a router.
To know more about How to protect wifi password from hacking step by step click here
Maybe this situation will ring a bell. So many hotels offer wired Internet access for free, but they charge you for Wi-Fi and/ or for using the Internet for more than one device. So must you just pay the extreme amount they ask for? Which is not necessarily.how to use your laptop as a wi-fi hotspot.
Share your laptop or desktop Internet connection via wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) to other devices, Mac users expression no trouble at all, while you setting up Internet sharing in OS X is just a couple of clicks away
For windows users, the procedure can be a little bit more difficult. The built-in options don’t always cut it due to the difficult setup and consistency problems.
Use Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 Laptops as Wi-Fi Hotspots
Here one thing you have to remember that before going use any APP for the Wi-Fi hotspot for your laptop first you need to check the steps on MICROSOFT’S Official site to see the windows built-in internet settings and sharing.
We do suggest that you bounce that and use a third-party app instead since the knowledge is generally much better.
We experienced some trendy apps that let you do this – Connectify and Virtual Router Plus latter did not work for us. Our anti-virus standard it as a hazard and during installation it attempts to install unwanted software.
So we did not have the same issues with Connectify. It is a consistent app for rotating your computer into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Before you progress, you have to know that you need a Windows PC with a Wi-Fi adapter (or built-in Wi-Fi) to make this work.
If your computer does not have Wi-Fi, then you can buy one that connects via USB,
Here are the steps to setup your Windows laptop as a Wi-Fi hotspot
You need to download the Connectify hotspot and install it after installing with simple steps just restart your computer that’s it.
When your system is restarted just check whether it is connected to the internet or not if not then simply run the Connectify Hotspot App.
Here you can see the two tabs in the app Settings and Clients. Go to settings and click on Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Here you can see a drop-down menu on the internet to share settings and enlarge it and select the connection you want to share.
I have tested that this app with wired and wireless connection and I know it worked perfectly in both conditions.
Just click on start Hotspot that’s it here you have to detect another device which will connect with Wi-Fi network labeled Connectfiy-me and type the password that’s it.
A twist for you, Connectfiy is a paid app. But has a stripped down free version for you? how to use your laptop as a wi-fi hotspot.
You need to create the Hotspot with the free version, but the problem is limitations are automatically disconnected in every 30 minutes and shows the pop-ups invite you to buy the pro version. Here you have to re-enable the hotspot manually to start using again.
The pro version have an ability to share the internet from 3G and 4G networks for sharing USB internet dongles, it has the advanced firewall controls it will select automatically which device can access the internet and personal files on your local area connection (LAN)
How to Use Your Laptop OS X MacBook as a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Just Open the System Preferences go to Sharing > and check Internet Sharing on the left.
- The right side, expand the drop-down menu next to Share your connection from
- And select the connection you want to share. You may share Internet connections from Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or even iPhone USB.
- Here you have to select Ethernet if you are using a wired Internet connection iMac, Mac Pro, or MacBook Pro.
- Whenever you are using a peripheral Ethernet adapter with a MacBook Air, you want to select USB Ethernet or Thunderbolt Ethernet, it depends upon dongle type which one you are using (usually it’s USB).
- Just below that, there’s a box next to computers using: where you should check the box next to Wi-Fi.
- Click the Wi-Fi Options button below the box. Select the Network Name, Security Type and enter the password two times and verify it.
- We strongly recommend you choose a password, instead of leaving the Security option has None. how to use your laptop as a wi-fi hotspot
- If the connection is active, you will see a green icon and text Internet Sharing: On under System Preferences.
Now you are able to connect the internet on other devices. If you feel these articles is very useful share with your friends. Give you opinion in a comment box.