This account is used to sign into the Play Store, but it also registers you in your Gmail account.
You can add multiple Google accounts to your Android gadgets so you can manage all your company emails with a single device. Unfortunately, you can not log out Gmail on an Android phone without deleting Google Accounts. You can add accounts later if you need to sign in to Gmail.
If you do not want to delete your account, you can choose to stop the synchronization of new emails automatically: press the “Menu” button in the Gmail application, touch “Settings”, touch the account and uncheck the box “Synchronize Gmail”; This will not disconnect you from Gmail.
- Touch the “Refresh” button while viewing the inbox, in the Gmail app, to synchronize emails manually.
- You can use any mobile web browser to access Gmail by navigating to “mail.google.com” and logging in with your Google username and password.
You will be signed out of your Google account in the Play Store app, as well as in all applications that require a Google account.
How to logout of Gmail on android phone
If you are using a device with multiple users, each user has a separate account configuration, so be sure to be logged in as the correct user before deleting any account information.
- Open the Device Settings menu.
- In “Accounts,” touch the name of the account you want to delete.
- If you use a Google account, touch Google and then the account.
When your Google account is deleted, all the data like email, contacts, calendar events, and other data associated with that account will no longer be automatically synced to your device.
- Touch the menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Touch Delete account. If there is one more Google account on your device, you may need to enter your device’s pattern, PIN, or password as a security measure. This ensures that only you or someone you trust is deleting the account from your device.